Technicaltalk: Porting to KDE Frameworks 5
In this presentation, David will explain the main changes between kdelibs4 and KDE Frameworks 5, so that application developers can learn about what they will have to do in order to port their application.
The talk will cover:
* the main changes for CMakeLists.txt files
* the important changes in the main() of every application, including how to port away from KApplication or KUniqueApplication, KCmdLineArgs, KAboutData etc.
* porting from KUrl to QUrl, which can be a bit tricky
* the available perl scripts for helping with the port
* what happened to KGlobal, KStandardDirs, etc.
It will not be possible to cover all the changes between kdelibs4 and KDE Frameworks 5, so this talk will focus on what used to be kdecore, which applies to all applications. Questions welcome on other areas, though.
Start time: 14:30
Track: Technical Talk (60 min)
Click here to let us know how you liked this event.